Clutton is a small village between Bristol and Bath. There has been a school in Clutton since 1728 when one was established to teach and apprentice ten children.
Until 1935 Clutton was called an Elementary School and catered for all children up to the age of 14. From 1935 onwards the older children were taken by coach to nearby Timsbury and the school was re-named Clutton County Primary School .
The main school building houses four key stage two classrooms, a library, a computer suite and the offices. There is also a hall that is used for assembly, PE, lunches and social events. Behind the main building there are three key stage classrooms, a conservation area, an outside play area and a garden.
In 2005 we extended the school and gained three brand new classrooms. The foundation stage classroom has its own outside play area and a new cover put over some of it so that we can play outside whatever the weather is like. Everyone in our school community has helped to develop our conservation area. We have a raised bed for each class and seats in the area so that we can use it as a peaceful place to sit at playtimes.
A few years ago we were given adventure playground equipment by the PTFA.